Saturday, April 30, 2011

Princess, meet Mcqueen



1: Sarah Burton - photo credit, 2: Kate Middleton - photo credit 3: Alexander Mcqueen -photo credit



The Royal Wedding really was something. With over one third of the Earth's population watching, Kate and William's wedding was a world-wide event. I was one of many people who woke up at a very untimely hour (3 am...) to watch the ceremony live on TV. Honestly though, I wasn't too interested in watching the entire wedding ceremony and reception, I just wanted to see the dress!

Before actually seeing Kate's dress, I imagined she would wear something big and elaborate, like princess Diana's wedding dress that she wore in 1981. I was shocked when she stepped out of that fancy Rolls-Royce wearing a simple, yet elegant, V-necked lace dress. She looked gorgeous ! The dress was designed by Sarah Burton (Alexander Mcqueen's successor) and looked incredible on Kate. Burton also designed a second dress for Kate which she wore to her evening party at Buckingham Palace. 

What a lucky girl Kate is, getting to wear an astonishing ALexander Mcqueen dress to her wedding...Oh and getting to mary a beyond handsome prince as well. (ignore the cheesy high school girl tone on that las remark..)


- Shay







3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I was pleasantly described how understated and elegant her dress was :) I love your blog, followed you on bloglovin!

    http://justsunshineandblueskies.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burton has an amazing talent!

    The dress worn by Kate is amazing and that of his sister Pippa is gorgeous!

    Very nice dresses!

    I love what McQueen made but they surprised me!AGAIN !!

    ReplyDelete